Changes have been made that could potentially reduce the significant amount of administrative work associated with the running of the various Men’s Championships (Individual not Teamed).
- All Members (Men) playing in the daily competition for any Round of the Championship would automatically be included in that Championship’ ladder.
- Playing in each and every Round of the respective Championship would be the primary criteria for who is registered for that Championship.
- The would be no Draw(s) for any round. Players would play at any time within the Competition timesheet.
- The Championship Registration fee is basically just a pre-payment of the Daily Competition fee and nothing more.
- A Simplification and / or Reduction in the Administrative work load would be a welcome benefit to the Captain / Scorers and other behind the scenes volunteers.
Benefits Arising from the Changes:
- Members would never have to again worry about Registration Open / Close dates for a Championship and whether or not they’d registered for this / that or the other.
- Members would still pay the Daily Competition fee (plus voluntary HiO), but there would be no longer be a need to pre-Pay for a Championship.
- There would be no need for the Captain/Scorer to produce a Draw (Seeded or other) for any Round.
- Producing the multi-Round Ladder in MiClub would be significantly simplified, as everyone playing each Round would be able to be included.
- The ‘multi-Round’ Competition for the Championship in MiClub would be setup to require contestants to play in every Round, which would automatically exclude from final contention those who miss a round or two.
- There would be no need to write up Registrations within the Major Competitions book.
- There would no longer be a need for a list of Championship contenders,
- The workload involved in determining who has paid on the day would be simplified significantly.
- The Club Syllabus would be simplified, as there’d no longer need to be Open / Close dates for these individual Championships.